Tuesday, May 18, 2010

China Economy: Is Copycating US Contagious?

This will be a quick post today.

As recently as this week, I've heard that all of us in the United States should move to China. Their economy is doing really well. It's growing. They basically own a good part of the US, anyway.

I've heard plenty, and plenty of it is true. There really are a lot of good things happening in China.

However, we might want to take a closer look.


Reportedly, their cash supply is dwindling.

They manufactured less during this past quarter than the previous quarter. In fact, that is the second time in a row this has happened.

Here is the biggest surprise. For the first time in a very long time (I don't know how long.) they imported MORE than they exported. That's not a typo. Their business model is based upon growth of their manufacturing and exporting that product.

What is happening? How did this happen?

Honestly, I'm not sure what this means, other than we need to watch this closely.

If anyone reading this has any insight, I'm inviting you to provide it. In fact, I think that I'm begging you.

No comments:

Post a Comment