Thursday, May 20, 2010

Stock Market: Am I the only one excited by this sale?

The stock market is going DOWN!

Isn't that awesome?

If you've been following my blog, you'll realize that I'm NOT being sarcastic about this.


Those of you who are visiting me for the first time are probably wondering about the address of the asylum that houses me.

The stock market is going down, and I LOVE THIS!

This is just like going to the store and seeing everything on sale at HUGE discounts. Everyone else is sitting around the store terrified that they'll pay more today than they will tomorrow.

However, I only care that I'm paying a whole lot less today than I will be many tomorrows from now.

As long as you are buying what you know, when is the best time to buy? When it's ON SALE!

I don't know how far down it will go, but we are trading at levels from about six months ago. I'm okay with this.

Ford (F) keeps showing a profit.
Baidu (BIDU) reported AWESOME profits.
Career Education Comp (CECO) reported solid profits.
Google (GOOG) has made a few missteps, but they're still really well managed--and profitable.
Apple (AAPL) has an awesome product lineup, and people are buying their products like crazy.

The list can go onward. What do all of these have in common? Their ACTUAL business is doing really well, but their stock is tanking.

I get Goldman Sachs (GS), although I think that the market is overreacting to it. The price is very good, but they, at least, provided a reason for a stock price drop.

These others have not! Find companies like these and buy as much of them as you can.

Happy Shopping! I LOVE THIS MARKET!

No comments:

Post a Comment