Friday, January 7, 2011

Great Advice: Any Investment Type

I was talking to an investor the other day, and I mentioned to him how I was struggling with a stock that jumped much high much more quickly than I planned.

Finally I sold it.

He made a good point by asking my something.

The question...Would you buy the stock (or any other investment) at today's price?

If the answer is, "No," then you probably should sell.

Even if the price rises later, you guaranteed that you got as much money from it as you felt it deserved. Asking for it to even higher yet is just being greedy, and we all know how well THAT works over time.

That's great advice...Take your profit and run. No need to be greedy.

By the way...The stock dropped to almost half of its value during the next two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment