Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Rich Just Keep Getting Richer - Makes Sense to Me!

More than once, I've heard and read the statement that the rich just keep getting richer.

EVERY TIME it is read like a complaint.

First, let's investigate to see whether that's even a true statement.

I'd like to look at it from a different perspective. Let's look at health.

People who are healthy tend to do "healthy things." They (generally) eat right. They exercise.

People who are NOT healthy tend to do "unhealthy things." They do NOT eat right. They do NOT exercise.

Is it any wonder that the "healthy" just get healthier? Likewise, the "unhealthy" just get unhealthier?

They only way you break the trend is to break the pattern--EITHER WAY!

What does this have to do with the rich getting richer?

Some of you may already know the answer to this.

Rich people DO THINGS that make them richer.

Poor people do things that make them poorer.

If you keep doing the same thing, does it not make sense that you'll become even MORE of whatever it is that you're doing?

How do you change it?

Break the habits, and you'll break the trend.

So your REAL question should be WHAT do you have to do to break YOUR trend, if you don't like where you're heading?

To me, it seems like I'd want to LEARN the habits of the people who are where I want to be. If I don't have the skills or resources to follow their habits, I'm going to do what I to learn HOW I can change this.

I'm not upset at someone who is doing better than me, but I DO want to LEARN what they're doing so that I can enjoy that benefit, too.

The rich DO keep getting richer. That is right on the money. (Pardon the pun. :)

I just want to learn their game so that I can play, also. Maybe one day, I'll be making my own "game" that other people want to play.

You can HATE, or you can PARTICIPATE. It's up to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment