Friday, March 19, 2010

Market Upswings: What's the downside?

Bull rushes are great when you have a bunch of money already IN the market. It really is a rush to see your assets grow without you really doing very much, especially when it happens the way you planned. In fact, sometimes, these are so good, they happen more quickly than you ever envisioned, and they happen a lot more quickly than you saw coming.

However, I think there is a tremendous downside to the market running upward.

Am I nuts? Well, many people would say, "Yes," and they'd be right but not about this.

You see, my FAVORITE times are when I see a great value that is WAAAAAY TOO CHEAP. This is where you can turn a $1.00 into $1.25. If it's bad enough, you can turn that dollar into $5.00, if not more.

It's also a great time to build your passive income portfolio. If you get stocks that pay a dividend (or bonds that pay a coupon rate) at a discount, then your ROI is higher. When the market rises, you can cash in your chips for a big payday, or you just simply hold onto these money pumpers that you bought for next to nothing.

Bull rushes are awesome for the ego, but the worst bear markets are when even the common dummy like me can get rich. (Mind you, I'm not rich!) I LOVE turning $1.00 into something that pays me $0.20 to $0.30 every year--if not better. Another words, when times are tight, you can get back your money more quickly.

Where are those bear traps when you need 'em?

No comments:

Post a Comment