Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Test Number Two: Techinal Indicator, with a Twist

I had an idea I wanted to test.

I looked at a list of stocks that were really volatile (Beta Value > 10.0). There were a few.

I picked one from the list where the Slow Stochastic Technical Indicator told me to BUY.

So I bought some at $0.29/share.


I don't know whether I will make very much money on this, but I tried another buying technique. I placed a Buy Order BETWEEN the Ask (Buy) and Bid (Sell) price.

Ask = $0.31; Bid = $0.28...My Purchase Price = $0.29. So I saved a little bit on the purchase (which let me buy more shares).

I'll keep you posted. Almost seconds after I bought my shares, the price dipped to $0.28.

I tried to put in a Stop Loss at $0.26/share, but I was not allowed. I suspect it's because this stock is on the Over The Counter (OTC) exchange, if you can call it that.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment